I got a Sun Broadband Wireless last February 12, 2009. I find some good side and bad side of this unit.
This review will be based on Manila and Mandaluyong area only…
– Fast Connection
– Average speed of 1mbps
– Fastest I got is 2.2mbps
– Good for video streaming
– Good for downloading (depends on the mirror site)
– Download speed reach 210kbps/sec
– Average download speed 50-70kbps/sec
– Not good for online gaming
– Lacks 3G coverage as of now
– Sometimes I get 300kpbs on peak hours
Surprisingly Sun is doing good for their wireless connection plane, I read something about the torrent downloaders that it has only a limit speed or size but I’m not sure, I talked to the CSR that gave us a demonstration she said she don’t know anything about the issue.
I got a tip for the SBW users:
To gain HSDPA Connection
Disconnect your connection first then go to Tools>Option>Click “Network” in the left panel>Select WCDMA Only. Then connect your SBW to gain the HSDPA connection.
To refresh you connection
Disconnect your internet connection>remove your SBW>reset your laptop